- Who we are?
The website www.loveandlifebooks.com collects, uses and is responsible for some personal information about you. We are responsible as the ‘controller’ of that information.
- Personal information we collect and use
When we provide you with the services offered on www.loveandlifebooks.com we collect some of the following personal information about you. This is either when you provide it to us directly, or when we derive it from your use of the service.
This information includes the following:
- Contact details: we use contact details to communicate with you and to authenticate you when you log in to the service, to help facilitate payments and to manage your account with us as well as to help resolve any technical issues that you may be having.
- Geographical location and IP address: We use this information to report usage levels of our service as well as to help us solve any technical issues with the service.
- Your use of the service, including what eBooks you have downloaded, your reading interests and preferences and search history: We use this information to provide you with the service and to recommend books and topics to you which we think may be of interest.
- Payment information: We use this information to determine whether you have paid in full to access a service or a book.
- Marketing preferences: We use this information to determine whether or not to provide you with marketing communications, which are optional.
- Cookies: We gather certain technical information about you from your use of our website by means of Cookies and other similar technologies.
We also use some of the information collected about you for the purpose of research in order to help us understand how people use and engage with our products and services as well as what books are the most popular. This helps us to identify any areas in which we can make improvements to the service as well as the range of books and content we should offer.
This research information is produced on an aggregated basis and cannot be used to identify you personally. We only use this information internally with people that work with www.loveandlifebooks.com.
We also use some of this information to improve the security of the website www.loveandlifebooks.com and to keep you and your information secure from any unauthorised access or cyber-attacks.
We may also need to use your personal information in order to enforce our terms and conditions.
- Who we share personal information with?
We share some of your personal information with some of the companies that we work with in order to provide all of the products and services that are listed on www.loveandlifebooks.com. For example, we may use some of this information in order to process payments, send emails, store data as well as to track our user behaviour.
If we are required to do so by law, then we may share some personal information with law enforcement bodies.
- How long do we keep personal information?
We will hold your personal information for different periods of time which depends on a variety of different factors. These include:
- Payment information is held for 7 years following the date of the transaction.
- Server logs are held for 90 days.
- Records of how you have used the service are held for seven years.
- If you have consented to receiving email communications from us, then we will keep your contact details for a period of one year from when you stop using loveandlifebooks.com.
- Why do we collect your personal information?
We rely on the following purposes as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- In some cases, we need to process some of your information in order to enforce our terms and conditions, or in order for you to register with the service. This includes for example providing you with access to loveandlifebooks.com, customer support, taking payments, delivering the content to you, managing your account, and providing you with a secure service.
- If we want to email you with marketing information about upcoming books and courses, then we will only do this when we have your consent to do so.
- In some cases, we may need to process some of your information in order to comply with legal obligations.
- In all other cases then we process your information when we believe that it is in our legitimate interests to do so. Examples of this includes analysing the use of the website loveandlifebooks.com, preventing abuse of the service.
Our legitimate interests are founded on providing all of our customers on www.loveandlifebooks.com with a well-run, secure and safe place for them to shop online as well as being a place for them to learn new information about relationships and develop their interests in this area.
As a part of that, we have legitimate interests in running our business, finding, and identifying new content and courses for our customers and measuring and improving the overall success of www.loveandlifebooks.com.
- Your Rights
Important rights regarding your data which you can exercise free of charge. These rights include:
§ Access to your personal information.
§ Require us to correct any mistakes on your personal information.
§ Require the erasure of your personal information.
§ Receive a copy of the personal information that we hold on you.
§ Object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
§ Object to our continued processing of your personal information.
§ Otherwise restrict certain processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, then please get in touch with us using the contact information below.
- Keeping your personal information secure
We also have a number of procedures in place in the event of a suspected data breach. We will notify you if we believe that there has been a suspected security breach of your information where we are legally required to do so.
- How to contact us